What is this learning module about? At the beginning of each topic I give some specific objectives that should tell you what we want you to focus upon.
You will recognize some of the engineering terms used in irrigation systems.
- You will understand better the flow of water through pipes.
- You will understand water flow is a function of pipe cross-sectional area (diameter) and water velocity.
- You will understand what water pressure is and what it does.
- You will understand what friction loss is.
- You will have an appreciation of the relationship of flow and pressure in the functioning of an irrigation system.
- You will better appreciate the selection of pipe sizes, pumps, and other components of an irrigation system.